The Air Defence and Air Force Museum was established following the unification (1999) of theAir-Defence Museum and the Air Force Museum. The Air Defence Museum was set up on the 25th of January 1959 and the Air Force Museum on the 3rd of April 1985. Both were directly led by the Air Force and Air Defence Service.
The Air Defence and Air Force Museum researches, collects, inventories, displays and introduces scientific, cultural, historical artifacts that reflect the establishment, fighting prowess and growth of the Air Defence and Air Force in the cause of the national liberation, reunification, construction and protection of the country.
General contents of exhibition:
- The Air Defence and Air Forces in the war of resistance against the French: Displaying feats of arms record by Regiment 367 in Dien Bien Phu Campaign in 1954.
- Formation and development of the Air Defence and Air Forces in preparation for the Anti-US Resistance War for National Salvation (1954 – 1964).
- The Air Defence and Air Forces together with the North Vietnamese people and armed forces defeating the two US aerial and naval wars of devastation (February1965 to January1973).
- The Air Defence and Air Forces in incorporated arms and service branches, participating in the liberation of the South and undertaking of the international missions in 1975.
- Protection of the northern border, training skilled forces, air space management, together with the whole population successfully implementing 2 missions: constructing and safeguarding Vietnam Fatherland (from 1975 untill the present).